A Walk In The Woods
Our learning Journey ...
- Learn about various types of plants with specific reference to trees
- Investigate different minibeasts that may live in the woods
- Learn about woodland creatures
- Build shelters
- Observe the changes that occur with changing season
- Look at fairy tales that are set in the woods
- Create maps with keys - fiction and non-fiction
- Art work based on Gustav Klimt
- If you go down to the woods today - history of the teddy bear
- Research on our local area and how it has changed
- Create weather charts
To start our topic the children travelled into Narnia.
In September we went to Braywick Nature Centre. During our deep forest walk, we built a campfire, toasted marshmallows and went on a minibeast safari.