Our Visions and Values
Every year we write a School Development Plan (SDP) which is shared with staff and Governors in depth along with a 'Pupil friendly' version which appears all around school. Please see below.
For 2022 - 23 our key priorities are:
Help the school community to be mentally and physically healthy
Ensure we have a high quality, stimulating curriculum
Ensure there is high quality teaching
Support and develop staff and governors
Pupil friendly copy of SDP (School Development Plan) 2022 - 23
Our visions and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Cookham Rise Primary School, we want all of our children to SHINE. We aim to achieve this by:
- Working in partnership with staff, parents, governors and the wider community to enable each child to achieve their full potential;
- Valuing children, staff, parents and governors for the unique contribution he or she makes;
- Encouraging enjoyment, participation and making learning fun
- Having high expectations of high achievement leading to excellence in all aspects of school life;
- Promoting the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle and emotional well-being;
- Setting high standards of good behaviour and respect and tolerance for others;
- Encouraging a caring, nurturing spirit within the school community and beyond;
- Fostering an inclusive approach so that everyone has access to all the school has to offer.
- Creating a safe, sustainable environment for our school community;
- Ensuring the children are well-equipped to take their places as citizens of the 21st Century.
We want children to:
Have a thirst for learning
Be literate and numerate
Be honest and trustworthy
Be confident with themselves and others
Be able to interact well with others
Be respectful of others
Be fit and healthy
Be technologically aware
Have good manners
Have a good sense of humour