Our Visions and Values
Every year we write a School Development Plan (SDP) which is shared with staff and Governors in depth along with a 'Pupil friendly' version which appears all around school. Please see below.
Pupil friendly copy of SDP (School Development Plan) 2021 - 22
This academic year (2021 - 212) we recognise that the ongoing global pandemic has had an impact on learning as well as on physical and mental health. The focus for us is on supporting the whole school community in coming back together and ensuring that everyone is as happy and healthy as possible.
We will work to embed MindUp - a whole school approach to mindfulness which will run alongside 'Jigsaw' our whole school life skills programme. Our focus is also on ensuring that we identify where there may be gaps in learning and supporting children to acquire this knowledge and build on it.
We are really pleased with how the school community approached home learning and our use of Seesaw, zoom and Teams. We have developed our blended learning plan should individuals or groups of children need to work from home and will continue to develop the children's computing skills as we move through the year. We are excited about a 2021 iPad project in the upper part of the school and the development of a technology suite in 2022.
Our visions and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Cookham Rise Primary School, we want all of our children to SHINE. We aim to achieve this by:
- Working in partnership with staff, parents, governors and the wider community to enable each child to achieve their full potential;
- Valuing children, staff, parents and governors for the unique contribution he or she makes;
- Encouraging enjoyment, participation and making learning fun
- Having high expectations of high achievement leading to excellence in all aspects of school life;
- Promoting the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle and emotional well-being;
- Setting high standards of good behaviour and respect and tolerance for others;
- Encouraging a caring, nurturing spirit within the school community and beyond;
- Fostering an inclusive approach so that everyone has access to all the school has to offer.
- Creating a safe, sustainable environment for our school community;
- Ensuring the children are well-equipped to take their places as citizens of the 21st Century.
We want children to:
Have a thirst for learning
Be literate and numerate
Be honest and trustworthy
Be confident with themselves and others
Be able to interact well with others
Be respectful of others
Be fit and healthy
Be technologically aware
Have good manners
Have a good sense of humour