Tickets go on sale on Monday 4th July for performances on Thursday 14th July at 2pm and 7pm. Tickets cost £2 and are available from the school office. Initial allocation of four tickets per Year 6 pupil (over the two performances) and two tickets per Year 5 pupil.
Year 6 Host Science Investigation Days.
End of SATS celebration
We picked a lovely morning for our walk to Cookham Lock ....
This term our PE sessions will be on Tuesday afternoon and Thursday mornings.
- Year 6 will be learning how to officiate, record and mentor younger children in the school to compete in the Quad kids athletics event which will be run on the morning of Sports Day
- We will also be receiving specialist cricket coaching from early May in our Thursday morning session
Our summer term topic is SAIL AWAY ....
This is a very busy term, please note the following important dates for Year 6:
- 28th April - Lemon Zebra Class Photos
- 9th May - 12th May KS2 SATs
- Tuesday 24th May @ 6.30pm - PGL Parent information meeting
- Monday 6th June - River and Rowing Museum trip
- Monday 13th June - Road Safety Workshop
- Monday 20th June - Alcohol Awareness Workshop
- Thursday 23rd June - Cannabis Awareness Workshop
- Friday 24th - Sunday 26th June - PGL Residential
Additional dates and events can be found on the school calendar.
Cookie making (ship's biscuits) to finish off our Ice Worlds topic
Our 'ICE WORLDS' stunning start at John Nike in Bracknell was a great success!
Everyone enjoyed the sno-tubing, ski-ing and ice skating and we managed to avoid any injuries.
In the first half of the term we have been studying poetry; identifying poetic features and writing poems of our own. We have also been reading and analysing biographies, before researching and writing our own biographies.
Our topic lessons have focused on the geography of the polar regions. We have also been revising longitude and latitude, tectonic plates and the changing location and climate of the Antarctic over the last 100 million years.
We have marvelled at early exploration of the Arctic as men searched for the Northwest Passage.
ICE WORLDS TOPIC WEB
Our Ancient Eyptian Fabulous Finish
Supporting Children In Need
Our Autumn topic is .....
Willow 6 & Beech 5 trip to the British Museum
Year 6 Topic Web: Walk Like an Egyptian
We launched our new topic with an Egyptian dressing up day ......
The children looked fabulous in their costumes and spent the morning learning a little about this fascinating period of ancient history. They listened to Egyptian music, wondered at the meaning of hieroglyphics and tested their knowledge about what they already knew about the Egyptians. This information, together with questions they specifically asked to find out about, will inform our teaching and learning plans over the next two terms.
Welcome to Willow 6. Please take time to read this with your child, it contains important information about routines in class and homework.